Finding the house you want and making an offer are just the first steps before purchasing a home. After the inspection and appraisal come back adequate, it’s time to submit the required documents. Finally, the last step is to get your keys during closing.
An exciting yet nerve-wracking point in the process, closing is the last thing standing between you and your house. As long as you are working with a great mortgage provider and real estate agent, you can expect closing to be (almost) effortless. Check out our tips below to help get you through the process with ease.
- Arrange for utilities to be transferred, effective on the closing date
- Water, etc.
- Perform a final walkthrough a day or two ahead of time
- Usually takes an hour or less
- All parties gather around the table and sign documents
- Ensure you have your photo ID and funds required for costs (you will have a total ahead of time)
- Required closing costs:
- Origination fee
- Underwriting fee
- Appraisal fee
- Credit report fee
- First mortgage payment is due the first Friday of the month after the 30 days following the closing
- You can choose a new homeowner’s insurance provider after you’ve closed on a purchase or refinance and the escrow impound account has been established
Finding your dream home can be difficult, but adding a mortgage and closing process can be overwhelming. You can trust the experts at EB Mortgage to help make the process as seamless as possible.
EB Mortgage is a locally-owned mortgage company with experts in new home purchase, refinancing, and commercial loans. Our wholesale rates can’t be beaten. We offer more products, more options, and more solutions. Our “3C” Process is simple: complete our pre-approval request, consider options based on your requirements, and choose the offer that suits your needs best. Call us at 866-246-0516 or e-mail email@example.com today.
Written by the digital marketing staff at Creative Programs & Systems: www.cpsmi.com.